Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

REALISTICALLY, how close are we to a new 'DC album?

Posted by ECIKCALB 
REALISTICALLY, how close are we to a new 'DC album?
February 13, 2012 12:40AM
[b][/b]Ang and Mal have to get together to write the damn thing, studio has to be booked, recording, post-production, etc.

I'm thinking no sooner than 2-3 years, considering the slow nature of the Youngs' work habits.

Any thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2012 12:46AM by ECIKCALB.
Re: REALISTICALLY, how close are we to a new 'DC album?
February 13, 2012 07:07AM
It'll take probably a good 2 years before anything solid happens.

I'd hope they would put more energy into the new album than the world tour, because the tour is basically just BS on wheels.

[hr]
[b]Neinbull[/b]
February 13, 2012 07:23AM
They probably already have some material written, although not a majority. I'd guess that they'll be in the studio by spring 2013, with a release in the summer. Any longer and they'd be too old to tour.

A shame they've been on a 5 year cycle since TRE. They did 12 full albums & a movie soundtrack between '74 & '90...

I'm sure that they won't do a BI on us again. The 2003 tour, changing record companies, Angus' new house, and Cliff's injury are events that most likely won't be repeated...

--------------------------------
Stick this in your fuse box!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2012 07:32AM by The Farsight.
February 13, 2012 12:59PM
I think they will record the album late this summer and release the album in November and the tour starts in januari 2013. I think they have all the songs all ready they just need to record them and hopefully with Mutt Lang.
February 13, 2012 03:15PM
A release of the album of the end of this year or early next year. Brian is 65 in october, even though he is in good shape its not realistically that they will wait three more years. Both Angus and Malcolm must think the same.
February 14, 2012 12:32AM
[color=#FFFF00]I'd say about 12 weeks from now we'll get some new stuff.[/color]

---------------------
Chief Moderator
February 14, 2012 01:38AM
2012 Summer recording sessions... full release studio album Jan. Feb. 2013 - Tour April 2013 thru Dec. 2013...after that ? RETIREMENT
February 14, 2012 03:41AM
They should have a special 40th anniversary show on New Year's Eve, 2013.

--------------------------------
Stick this in your fuse box!
February 17, 2012 12:36PM
They should do a special on VH1 again for their anniversary.
No matter what i think its likely that they will do the superbowl in 2013. Not my cup of tea but its massive exposure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login